Software Configuration Senior ManagerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Job Number: 5966195
This role is part of the UK&I Software Configuration Team, responsible for the planning, configuration and implementation of Experian software solutions to a designated industry sector or group of clients. Working in a challenging, matrix organisation promoting partnership working and cultivating strong relationships with Executives and business leaders to ensure deliverables support business strategy and customer requirements.
The role is a senior position and is responsible for the configuration of software solutions. The 3 core elements of the role are as follows
- Leadership – ensuring ‘best practice’ is implemented across the Software Configuration Lifecycle, building and maintaining cross functional teams to ensure solutions are delivered in line with contractual obligations and client expectations
- Delivery – excellent track record of delivery in a highly matrix environment, within the full life cycle of software delivery/portfolio management
- Stakeholder management – work in collaboration with key stakeholders to manage the priorities of the business
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
For the assigned industry sector, work with the Go to Market and PCU teams to establish a pipeline of client projects, prioritise and schedule those projects, resource those projects and then oversee the end to end project until the solution is implemented and passed to service. Provide leadership and management oversight to software and systems professionals. Be results-driven, customer-focused, technologically savvy and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships in a global and highly matrixed environment. Be accountable for the success of the Solutions team and act as an escalation point. Report out to stakeholder’s periodic status, KPIs, financials, progress, and resources levels, etc.
- The post holder will be involved in core aspects of the transformation in software solutioning and software delivery practices and processes toward an approach that is leaner and better able to respond to business need.
- Govern the software life cycle to ensure best practice is implemented and followed
- Working in collaboration with the business, develop innovative solutions and enhance current solutions
- Actively contribute to a culture where the customer is central to all we do and that solutions are right first time, exceed expectations and are future proofed
- Act as a leader within the Solutions Team demonstrating integrity, respect, fairness and professionalism in all you do
- Review and adaptation of existing, and introduction of new tooling relating to all aspects of software delivery, as appropriate.
- Solid and on-going familiarity with both industry standard and emerging tooling across all relevant areas, and ability to articulate if and how it may be applicable
- Foster and drive a culture of innovation. Provide and contribute to a forum for sharing of innovative ideas and industry best practices.
- Expert in delivering complex software projects in a client facing environment
- Working experience of agile and waterfall delivery practices
- Ensure effective utilisation of assigned resources by working with and supporting allocated programme & project managers and development resources (matrix)
- Ensure accurate demand forecasting and capacity management is in place with an effective sourcing model, to support the business pipeline
- Manage the pipeline of projects for the business to successful delivery, to time, cost and quality with an ethic of continuous improvements, working closely with all key relationships
- Maintain alignment with global and UK&I delivery practices
- Be able to operate at all levels within Experian and client organisations fostering successful relationships
- Work together with GtM, PCU’s and clients to plan and execute projects, ensure that teams have appropriate direction and resources to deliver solutions effectively
- Ensure close collaboration with P&PM and finance partners to accurately manage costs to complete, change management and contingency in line with company policies and processes
- Produce timely and accurate information to Solution sponsors about their pipeline of activities
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Degree/Masters in either business and/ or information technology base
- Proven track record in operating and delivering results in a highly complex and matrix organization developing software solutions
- Proven ability to implement a culture of continuous improvement ensuring clear identification of issues through to problem resolution in line with business goals.
- Ability to inspire and lead the team who will strive to deliver excellence for our customers
- A demonstrable track record of implementing tools across the SDLC and keeps abreast of emerging technologies which can be exploited for business advantage in the development of innovative solutions.
- A proven track record of implementing a client centric culture to drive optimum profitability and client satisfaction.
- Experience developing and delivering commercial multi-tiered programmes ensuring programme processes are followed from inception to close
- Experience with operating in a high security, data intensive, data centric “big data” and analytics environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to support key commercial business decisions and objectives
- Advanced communication skills, exceptional interpersonal, negotiating and presentation skills
- Credibility and gravitas to influence and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders across functional lines
- Demonstrated experience partnering with typical key stakeholders at all levels within both Experian and client organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage resources effectively including reorganisations
- Excellent knowledge of overall business management principles
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of multiple computing platforms and platform specific tools
- Experience establishing and/or sponsoring process improvement initiatives and new policies and procedures
Here at Experian, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.