Job Number: 19236
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
DescriptionExperian Consumer Services – Careers That Define “What’s the Next Big (Data) Thing” for Consumers?
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a “disruptive” business? Consider taking your career to the next level by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the “disruptor” and market leader we pride ourselves on building new markets, leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position Experian Consumer Services has enjoyed for more than a decade and we’re always looking for the talent that can help expand that lead.
When you’re the leader, it’s always urgent, important and market-changing. We think that defines the true “disruptive” business. Join us and create some chaos for the competition.
- Drive enterprise-wide technology integration strategy-setting and implementation based on leading-edge industry standards, best practices and comprehensive understanding of business operations.
- Responsible for design and implementation of integration strategy, architecture and platforms
- Accountable for adhering to enterprise architecture standards, ensuring integration technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization and leading enterprise architecture strategy-setting
- Leads governance processes of new technologies and solutions to ensure consistent technology life cycle management
- Lead integration efforts across all business areas and client groups including key data and infrastructure components across the enterprise.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience in MySQL
- Deep knowledge in MySQL databases – physical / logical database design, security model, HA/DR, performance optimization, DBA and application design/development
- Ability to create clear, detailed, concise documentation — architecture diagrams, presentations, and design documents
- Ability to identify issues with existing schemas, suggest improvements
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark and Python.
- Excellent understanding of Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs)
- Experience working in cloud computing and distributed data environments is PLUS
- Strong data modeling and design skills.
- Experience with data migration and ETL tools.
- Strong experience in translating business requirements to data solutions.
- Experience in large data environments with highly performant, highly scalable solutions.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating environments as well as shell scripts.
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL development skills.
- Strong in diagnosing various queries and Improving/suggesting improvements to SQL queries for efficiency, latency etc.
- Ability to work in a team with highly motivated people.
- Data analysis, modeling, and integration.
- Database management, design, and development.
- Strong debugging and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and decision-making.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborate effectively with the database and other technology teams.
- Knowledge of release management and version control practices and procedures.
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg