Cloud Network Infrastructure Engineer-Remote
Job Number: 189922
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Level: All
- Travel: Limited
- Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
- Innovation 9
- Problem-Solver 9
- Presenter 8
- Technologically savvy 10
- Confident 6
- Independent 4
- Relationship expertise
- Team player
- Technologically savvy
The Cloud Network Infrastructure Engineer would play a key role in project delivery with hands on experience in migrating applications and its infrastructure to the cloud. The engineer will work closely to design and build automated operational processes focusing on scalable cloud deployments with paradigm of infrastructure & cloud network aspects. Cloud Network Engineer will help build and maintain its next generation Cloud Network and Security offering. The engineer be comfortable in working on multiple routing, switching, load balancing, and security platforms. This position will be highly dynamic and responsibilities range from all aspects of network design, implementation, operation and support. The role will require advanced knowledge of various network technologies. The role will be a critical member of an Agile enterprise cloud services engineering team working to build and support multi-cloud/hybrid solutions. The successful candidate will bring a strong background in automated software engineering and cloud operations at enterprise scale with strong emphasis on collaboration and communication, interacting with key internal business unit stakeholders.
- An expert level knowledge of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking.
- Expert level knowledge of the following network routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, VXLAN/EVPN.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Palo Alto, Fortinet Firewalls.
- Advanced knowledge of Load Balancers.
- Develop infrastructure as code on AWS / Azure / GCP using best practices and implementations for non-production and production environments.
- Advanced level knowledge of automation frameworks such a Ansible, Terraform or Python development experience.
- Implement configuration and deployment automation towards improving functionality, availability, and manageability of our enterprise cloud offerings.
- An advanced level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Strong expertise at network documentation, IPAM, Visio.
- Knowledge of common network monitoring utilities.
- Lead technical operations on key initiatives or projects from requirements to design to implementation.
- Ensure the availability, performance, reliability, and reporting of global cloud data centers and enterprise networks.
- Improve productivity in delivery orchestration, proactive monitoring, self-healing automation and operations validations.
- Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to proactively detect and prevent their re-occurrences.
- Collaborate via open communication reaching across functional borders to analyze, tune, and configure automated platform infrastructure and systems.
- Preferable location Allen but open to remote as well.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in network operations or engineer role at a ISP or network services provider comprising of designing, developing and operating robust and highly-scalable cloud infrastructure services.
- Deep network code skills with proven experience in cloud infrastructure project with hands on migration expertise on public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Strong background in Software Defined Networking (vxlan, QoS, VIPs, etc...).
- Experience Linux/Unix and/or Windows Integration and Administration.
- Experience in automation/configuration management using Chef, Ansible, Terraform or an equivalent.
- Experience with Programmable Network Hardware.
- Proficient in networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
- Knowledge about writing Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) or Azure RM Templates to build cloud services as code (IaC).
- Understand Authentication & Authorization Services, Identity & Access Management.
- Working understanding on AIPs designing RESTful services and integrated with other providers.
- Ability to use wide variety of open source technologies
Cloud Certifications: (Candidates with any below certifications is a plus)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
“I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.”Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
“The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.”Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
“At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.”Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
“If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!”Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
“I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.”Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations...Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
"Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation." Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg