Senior Project ManagerApply Now Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer Including Disability/Veterans Job Number: 191117 Allen, Texas
The Client Delivery Services Project Manager will have overall responsibility for driving key, software security-related projects for a variety of clients, large and small, to successful completion, as defined by the specific needs of each remediation item and client solution. Client profile comprises a diverse set of large banks, telecommunications companies, energy service providers, etc.
The ideal candidate exhibits a proven track-record of consistently exceeding the expectations of both internal and external business partners, possesses strong leadership traits, and the ability to influence outcomes despite not having a direct reporting relationship with project stakeholders (internal and client). The position also demands a high-level of attention to detail, systematic planning and the ability to execute to the plan. In summary, a successful candidate for this position will need to demonstrate repeated success at straddling the strategic and the operational. To provide effective project management and consultation to internal business partners as well as clients, the Client Services Project Manager will also need to develop competencies in a variety of Decision Analytics suite of products.
• Manage software security-related projects to successful completion - deliver on-time, while fully satisfying security policies, with excellent quality
• Develop project charters that concisely define project scope, objectives, major stakeholders, constraints, assumptions and risks.
• Obtain, and allocate resources to meet specific project skill set requirements. Understand how to best utilize team member competencies to derive maximum benefit from allocated resources
• Work closely with all project team members to understand requirements, perform project planning, manage the ongoing implementation, and drive lessons learned analyses.
• Develop and maintain detailed project risk management plans. Drive project risk identification, quantification, response development and control.
• Keep any risk items highly visible to the immediate stakeholders until fully remediated, along with overall monitoring and reporting of project performance.
• Perform project management duties including the creation of status reports, work plans and presentations to internal leadership, as well as client-facing materials.
• Keep pace with the extensive management information reporting needs of extended stakeholder groups within Experian business units, and client stakeholders.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope.
• Facilitate timely decisions, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner to maintain project schedules and security policies.
• Participate in developing and initiating policies and procedures to improve business practices within the organization.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology (Agile and Waterfall)
• Adept in the use of standard project management tools including the MS Office suite and MS-Project
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Early problem identification and resolution skills
• High attention to detail and results oriented
• Must be self-motivated with a high level of initiative
• Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
• Must be able to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and advance the common goal of delivering a successful project
• Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple, at times conflicting, priorities
• Effective conflict resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills to mediate disputes
• Business acumen combined with technical background
• 8+ years project management experience, ideally with a mix of interacting with internal leadership as well as external client facing activities
• Financial services industry experience a plus
• PMI /Six-sigma/Lean/Scrum Master certification is a plus
• Experience with the Changepoint and SharePoint portals is a plus