The Global Finance Centre of Excellence team successfully partners with corporate IT specialists and end-users of Experian’s financial systems to help ensure timely and efficient delivery of insightful and accurate solutions to support Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting; Management Information; and Financial Reporting business activities across Experian’s global organisation.
Roles within the Centre of Excellence are business facing roles working closely with users to understand their varied requirements, helping them fully leverage existing system capabilities and developing new solutions within a dynamic organisation.
As one of three CoE team members in Costa Mesa, this role helps to support over 300 finance employees across the North America region. The core responsibilities of this role relate to Oracle Hyperion Essbase, Planning applications, and a degree of support across HFM and OBIEE is also desirable.
This position is the global solution leader for Experian’s Hyperion Planning based Workforce Planning Solution and will lead activities globally to help Experian maximise its return on investment from this strategic solution.
Understanding the business
- Ability to understand the business context and Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting; Management Information; and Financial Reporting business activities
- Identify and evaluate potential improvements to capabilities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of how users leverage the strategic solutions
- Drive best-practice usage of Hyperion across finance user community in North America region.
Period End (Ensuring timely month-end close)
- Assist in month end close and forecasting activities, including working with business community
- Provide planning analysts and business owners with necessary data for fiscal month end close activities and divisional financial reporting requirements, including general ledger transaction details.
- Report development using operational and analytical reporting tools such as Smartview & Financial Reporting Studio.
- Work with users & technical teams to rollout solutions to users in North America and LATAM
- Various other project engagements
Workforce Planinng application:
- Assist during Budget and forecasting activities, including working with business community
- Provide WFP planning analysts and business owners with necessary data for fiscal month end close activities and divisional financial reporting requirements, including general ledger transaction details.
- Security provisioning to the WFP user community
- Complete monthly maintenance tasks on WFP applications (for example seeding new actual data in month)